Saturday, March 28, 2009

Pamplona - Puenta la Reina - Estella

Don´t have long to write this post, as there is a line for the internet, but to sum up my first couple of days:

Heat
Rain
Hills
Germans
More hills
Blisters
Sore everything
Sunburn

I am knackered and everything is aching at the moment, but I feel good. I have met some lovely people and haven´t really had a chance to get lonely. The scenery is breathtaking, the air is clean and clear, and all the locals passing wish us a Buen Camino (good journey).

I started in Pamplona on Thursday, and walked 25km to Puente la Reina (took approx 8 hours, up a very steep incline). We walked through Cizur Menor, Uterga, Muruzabal and Obanas. Today we did about 22km from Puente la Reina to Estella (approx 6 hours), walking through Mañeru, Cirauqui, Lorca and Villatuerta.

Keep thinking of me!

3 comments:

  1. Always thinking of you and following your journey in my guide book. You make me so proud. Keep strong!
    Love you always
    The Da

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess - had no idea you had a blog! I am so very jealous of your adventures, always wanted to do the pilgrimage - one day. Really want your life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karina,
    Stoked you´ve been reading this! I was looking at your travel blog for tips before I left! I hope one day you get the chance to do the Camino. It´s horrible, but fantastic! I wish my life could stay like this forever, but alas, must go home and be a ´grown up´again after this. Boo! Glad to see all looks well with you x

    ReplyDelete