Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I still call Australia Home..

...although grudgingly at the moment!

This is a little update for those who are interested.

I have been home for just over three weeks. 'Home' for me at the moment is Brisbane. I'm staying with my Ma and Da while I try and figure out what is next on my journey.

It only took about 2 weeks for me to start going stir crazy, and the initial excitement at being home and seeing my loved ones got old! I think the hardest part is accepting that life isn't always super exciting, and compared to my last year, nothing much is exciting at the moment! I am having trouble dealing with the fact that I have no flights booked for the immediate future! Argh!

Anyway, I was lucky to get work right off the bat at a pub near home. It's tough trying to get back into the swing of things, and I bitch and complain constantly becuase I'm a spolit brat who hasn't had to work so far this year!! However, I do know I am lucky to have a job, which pays good rates and keeps me busy....and more importantly, helps me to save for the next big adventure.

My immediate plan is to look for a job in my industry and work until I have enough money saved to go back and do it all again. I'm thinking Edinburgh or Cardiff in 2011, so stay tuned!

Thanks to everyone who has kept in touch and sent me their best wishes over the past year. It's so nice to know nice people, and I hope to see you all again soon.

In the meantime, all my love and super cool vibes come your way...
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment