Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Day 1: Pamplona - Puente La Reina


Via CIZOR MENOR, UTERGA, MURUZABAL and OBANOS
Approx 25 km.

I started out at about 8am after a tasty breakfast of toast, jam and cheese, and plenty of strong coffee. As I was heading out the door of the Albergue I met Astrid from Vienna. Astrid was the first amazing person I met on my journey and spoke English, German and Spanish, so I decided to stick with her!
And so, I was on my way to Santiago. The weather was amazing - 20 degrees with a beautful blue skies. We set off walking towards Sierra del Perdon, a huge windfarm along the top of a mountain. We walked up the mountain, past the windfarm and and beyond...! I was speechless at the site that greeted me on top of the mountain:
My first day of the Camino De Santiago ended at Puente Le Reina after 8 solid hours of walking up a lot of hills in beautiful Spanish countryside.

No comments:

Post a Comment