Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Songs of the Camino - Part II


Ani DiFranco.
This woman has been there with me for almost every situation in my life since I was 15 years old. I can relate a song to just about anything that happens to me, and every day on the Camino I had a 'DiFranco moment'.

Her lyrical abilities leave me breathless at times....

Her poetry is lyrical. Her lyrics are like poems. She is an outstanding woman with passionate views of important issues. She is my number one on my list of 3 people 'dead or alive who I would invite to a dinner party'. Love her!

Here's a few 'snippits' of her, as written in my diary on Day 15 of my Camino:

"One day you might find you are hungry, and all of those words you just said"
32 Flavours.


"You are a china shop, and I am a bull. You are really good food, and I am full"
You Had Time.


"You are a party, and I am a school night. I'm looking for my door key, but you are my porch light"
School Night.


No comments:

Post a Comment