Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 13: Castrojeriz - Fromista

Via HOSPITAL DE SAN NICOLAS / ITERO DEL CASTILLA, ITERO DE LA VEGA and BODILLA DEL CAMINO
Approx 25.5km

Another lovely day wandering along by myself - after I got to the top of the HUGE mountain I had to climb this morning! It was something like 400m on a steep incline and was just a bit tough. I was sweating and huffing and puffing my way to the top, but the view was amazing and worth it! It certainly woke me up!




It was an 11km walk to the first coffee shop, and I was very happy to see the cafe and my friends sitting in front of it! It was a stunning day, so having a pit stop soaking in the vitamin d was amazing. After the break, I set off again, headphones in, enjoying my music and the gorgeous day. After about an hour, I found myself a spot in the shade of a tree and waited for my Da to call me. We had a nice short chat, and then I was on my way towards Fromista!

My favourite part of the day was in the early afternoon. I came across some bales of hay and decided to sit on them and have my lunch. My shoes came off and I settled in for the afternoon, reading my book and eating cheese on crackers. It was pretty difficult to get going again after that and I shuffled the remaining 5km or so to Fromista. My feet were very happy to see the Albergue.



I spent the evening sitting in the sun in the back garden of the Albergue with a bottle of vino tinto when three French men (fellow pilgrims) sat down next to me and started singing harmonies - it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment